Camp is held on the beautiful campus of Washington and Lee University, located between the Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains in picturesque in Lexington, VA. Located within an hour’s drive of Charlottesville and Roanoke, two hours from Richmond, and three hours from Washington, D.C., Six Star Field Hockey provides an excellent camp setting that is easily accessible to major cities and airports.
All practice sessions will take place on the Turf Field. Home of the 2005, 2014, and 2015 Division III Field Hockey National Championships, our water-based Astroturf facility is among the top in the country.
Resident campers will have the opportunity to experience college living by staying in our newly renovated air-conditioned residence facilities. All campers will have the opportunity to eat meals in our main dining hall on campus.
What to Bring
- Clothing for practice and game sessions
- Shinguards, Mouthguard, & Stick
- Goggles (optional)
- Full Set of Goalkeeping Equipment (if applicable)
- Turf shoes & Sneakers
- Water Bottle
- XL Twin Sheets or sleeping bag, pillow, and towel
- Spending money for camp store, pizza, ice cream
- Sun block
- $150 room key deposit check that will be returned to the camper following the successful return of her room key at camp check-out. Checks should be made out to Washington and Lee University.
Refunds are only permitted up to 2 weeks before the start of camp. For commuters and day campers, a refund may be granted, less a $100 administrative fee. For residential campers, a refund may be granted, less a $200 administrative fee. After June 15, 2019 there will be no refunds for ANY reason, including injury and illness.